First of all, a “diet” is just a way of eating, nothing more and nothing less.
In our western world, when we hear the word “diet,” we have been conditioned to think ‘starvation’ or ‘deprivation.’
It’s not as prominent as it used to be, but it is an ingrained mindset that sets people up for failure.
1. Take the word "diet" out of your vocabulary (at least for right now).
2. Eat small meals every 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or at least have healthy snacks between meals. This prevents getting famished and also revs up the metabolism.
3. Do NOT skip meals. Skipping meals throws your body into starvation mode and can actually cause weight gain instead of weight loss.
4. Have healthy snacks like low glycemic foods, fruit, veggies, nuts, etc., and not ice cream, cookies, donuts, etc.
5. Make sure you are eating food that you like. Don't eat something if you don't like it, just because it's 'healthy.'
6. Serve yourself smaller portions and use a smaller plate. It's psychological, but it makes you feel like you're eating more when you fill up a small plate.
7. Eat slowly and chew your food well. When you eat slowly, you digest better. You lose or maintain weight more easily and you feel more satisfied with each meal.
8. Get plenty of healthy protein, fats, and carbs and in the proper balance.
9. Get your hormones back in balance. Out of balance hormones causes your whole system to get out of balance and this contributes significantly to weight gain.
10. Drink plenty of water. Sometimes when we think we are hungry, we are actually thirsty. You have become dehydrated and your body is desperately asking for water.
These are only a few simple things to help you with your weight loss.
Now, I want to invite you to ask yourself the following questions.
**Are you sick and tired of trying "diets" that don't work and that leave you feeling frustrated and hopeless?
**Do you want to finally find a meal plan and a workout program that works for you and gets you off that monotonous roller coaster ride?
Then make sure you keep your appointment for your Strategy Call with Colene and you will so glad you did!